Have you modified your vehicle?
If the answer is yes, you will need to obtain what is known as a Modification Plate.
This ensures that the modification to your vehicle has been done in a safe and roadworthy manner, protecting you and your family against any possible harm.
Has the seating capacity in your vehicle been altered ? a larger engine or turbo charger added ? a different gearbox or differential not offered from the manufacturer ? all these modifications will require what’s known as a modification plate to assure that the change has been done safely and correctly to comply with roadworthy standards. The qualified examiner will then be able to issue the modification plate. A modification plate can only be obtained by an authorised examiner. For a mechanic to apply for a Modification Plate license, he/she must be qualified as a mechanic for no less than 10 years with relevant industry experience in manufacture, maintenance or modifications.
Queensland Roadworthy Services can help with the following Modification Codes.
- LA1 – Equivalent Engine Substitution
- LA2 – Performance Engine Installation
- LA3 – Supercharger \ Turbocharger Installation
- LA4 – Engine Modifications
- LB1 – Transmission Substitution
- LB2 – Rear Axle Substitution
- LG2 – Brake System Conversion
- LH2 – Roof Conversion
- LH4 – Modified Wheelbase Conversion
- LH6 – Vehicle Construction
- LH7 – Body Chassis Variants Conversion
- LH11 – Campervan and Motor home Conversion
- LK1 – Seat and Seat Belt Installation
- LK6 – Child Restraint Anchorage Installation
- LK8 – Roll Bar and Roll Cage Installation
- LK10 – Aftermarket Roll Cage and Roll Over Protection System Installation
- LL7 – Motorcycle and Three Wheeled Vehicles Seating Capacity Alteration
- LM1 – Fuel Tank Alteration
- LS2 – LHD Vehicle Steering Conversion
- LS4 – Front Suspension and Steering Conversion
- LS6 – Rear Suspension Conversion
- LS10 – High Lift – 50mm o 125mm (Modification)
For more information on Modification Plates please follow the link through to the Queensland Transport Website.